Friday, September 28, 2007

Registered & Ready to go!


I left work a few minutes early this afternoon & headed over to Mike's Bikes to pickup some final provisions before the ride tomorrow. Talked with the guys, they gave me a few pointers for the ride & recommended some hydration supplements which I will add to my water bottles.

After that, I headed over to Parking Lot A near AT&T park to register, pickup my rider's packet & drop off my bike. The staff for the Northern California Chapter of the National MS Society were wonderful, smiling faces & seemed to be just excited as I am about the event. They mentioned there are nearly 1700 riders participating this year!
Lil' Red is now sitting in the bike corral, ready & waiting for her first long distance bike tour.

Hopefully there will be some wireless internet access at the campsite for Day 1, I am still considering bringing my laptop with my gear on the SAG wagon & uploading pictures after the day is over.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me with both donations and well-wishes through the past few months!

No comments: