Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Flat tire hell...

This past Sunday, I left for a ride through Marin county called the 'Paradise Loop'. It's a decent ride, something like 45 miles round trip with some minor hill sections.

Tires were pumped to 12o psi, feet clipped into my pedals and off I went.

And about 10 miles down the road "pssssssssssss...hissssssss", and I stopped. And I replaced the tube. I even checked the tire itself for glass or other debris, and found nothing.

By the time I reached Tiburon Village (which everyone should visit sometime), my tire was flat & hissing AGAIN! What gives!?! I found the only bike shop in Tiburon, fixed my tire again and finished the ride.

Yesterday, I went back to Mike's Bikes again and started talking with my pal Dan. He explained the advantages/disadvantages of different road tires, and as usual had me leaving with more than I bargained for.

I picked up some super hefty tires, a new bike pump & and some extra tubes/CO2 cartridges.

No comments: